Thursday, October 22, 2009

DIEM'S Nemesis

Your first thought is probably nox noctis {night}.
But this is not a story about opposites. It is a bittersweet tale of Diem's clash with a tree.

Diem really likes the tree on her play mat. She enjoys the bright green color,the crinkly paper noise it makes, and its delicious taste {I assume this fact because it is always dripping with her drool}.









So why would something she loves so much be her nemesis?

Well, it is stitched to the play mat. And no matter how hard Diem tries {she is very persistent} the tree will not come along with her everywhere she rolls. This has caused her to express an emotion we have not yet seen-frustration. Oh boy, does she get mad. She squeals and cries, tries to eat it and pull it off, and squeals and cries some more.



{Tree, come over here I have to show you something really cool}


{You win this round, Tree.}

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Too funny! I hope she actually gets it someday.

Alex said...

This is so funny! I totally relate. I have this exact play gym and Meg does the same thing. Too funny. I can't wait to see Diem again.

Alex and Jane said...

I admire her persistence. I am sure round two will go to Diem.