Thursday, March 11, 2010

I know the Olympics are over...

But 2010 was supposed to be my year.
Well, not really (1) I'm considered ancient in skating years and (2) I guess I wasn't that good since I'm not even on the podium.
~That sure was fun though~
Sometimes I wish I was that age again or just felt like I did when I was 9. Carefree and fearless- sincerely having dreams as big as the Olympics. I'm so thankful for the experiences I had growing up. For parents who supported me and my childhood dreams and desires.
Childhood is a magical time. I love watching Diem explore and experience this world. She is getting bigger and learning more each day. Remembering my fun times as a kid has made me excited to watch Diem grow up. This is something I have been nervous about (I want her to be my baby forever), but it is going to happen, I mean it is happening. So here we go Diem, this is going to be fun.

8 comments:

Lindsay Cahoon said...

How did I never know this about you? Olympic aspirations? I had no idea! This is my favorite picture ever. Do you still have any costumes?

Sara Ann said...

Yes! Love this! For some reason, probably the Olympics, I was recently telling Erik that you were a figure skater. He thought that was way awesome, as do I. You're just multi-talented. Let's hang out again soon.

Natalie said...

love it- i remember you very well at that age and you were/are so cute:) 5 years goes by so fast doesn't it? we need to get together and play soon, soon, soon!

Alex and Jane said...

Never give up on your dreams. I am pretty sure if you showed this picture they would let you into the 2014 olympics. This is one of the best pictures ever, I love it!!!

Emily said...

I finally get to see the famous Caitlyn on Ice! I love the bangs and the sleeves. With that leg cross 2014 here you come.

Adam and Julia said...

Wow, that's pretty amazing. I never knew that you were a star this whole time that I knew you. And ditto to childhood. I hope that I can do things for my kids that my parents were able to let me do.

Becky said...

What an ice princess, such a cute picture! I love that you shared that. Happy Anniversary too!

camihubrich said...

That is one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen.